- Must create a fun and educational approach to skiing/riding.
- Must be able to recruit and educate club members, new skiers and
- Must be able to work with new skiers/boarders on fundamentals of
- Must volunteer to work with never-evers for at least 2 hours on
one trip a year.
Criteria for Coach status on the TSI Race team:
- Must have won a Gold NASTAR medal and have placed First in the Expert category of an NBS race, i.e., qualify for NBS Elite category
- or Has at least a Level II PSIA certification
- or Has at least a Level II USSA race coach certification
- Must compete in at least two NBS events per season, i.e., Summit,
Eastern Winterfest, Western Winter-Carnival, etc.
- Must attend at least two training sessions per season.
- Must be ranked a Level 9 or 10 skier by PSIA standards
- Capable of skiing in all conditions and terrain. (i.e., Use angulation
and a variety of movements to control edge engagement.)
- Able to read the terrain and snow conditions and select the appropriate
tactics for success. (i.e., Fit movements to match the desired turn
- Must compete and place in top two in at least one NBS/TSI sponsored
- Must pass TSI coach evaluation on an expert mogul run:
- Turning smoothly by using knee angulation to get skis on their
edges, low basic skiing position.
- Upper body relaxed and still.
- Vision up.
- Pole plants by using wrists.
- Using appropriate absorption techniques.
- Keeping snow contact.
- Exerting a proficiency of speed management and ability to maintain
snow contact with skis.
- Ability to execute a minimum of 10 turns down the fall line in a
smooth and rhythmic fashion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to negotiate different terrain at varying
speeds in a skilled and comfortable manner.
- Must negotiate a half pipe, terrain park and/or racecourse confidently
JOIN the Race Team TODAY!